Most companies leave technical training to their foremen. At The DDS Companies we understand that while some foremen may excel at training new employees, others may not, even though they may be excellent at performing specific tasks. In order to level the training field for all we have instituted progression training programs for our new field employees, an example for our Gas Laborers consists of the following components:
- New Employee Orientation – All new field employees receive an orientation consisting of a company overview and pertinent safety topics.
- Formal Training – Classroom training on construction tasks combined with hands-on training in the shop. Classes are led by Trainers and Subject Matter Experts. Training is fully documented and a written test is administered.
- On the Job Training (OJT) – Foremen and new employees will be responsible for completing the OJT Check List. The purpose of this list is to document that new employees have received the training and had the opportunity to perform and become proficient in those tasks with supervision on the job.
- Operator Qualification Testing (Gas field employees only) – Once employees have completed their training related to tasks which are covered under the DOT Operator Qualification Program they will be allowed to take the testing.
- Equipment Training Program – Documents the training and proficiency of employees on various work tools used on our construction sites. Records are updated twice per year.